My friend Lovelle reminded me of a long-time favorite blog of mine called Chocolate Covered Katie.
Her blog focuses on healthy desserts that taste and won’t bust your waistline.
Since our “Challenge of the Week” this week is focused on eating a HEALTHY breakfast every day, I thought it only fitting to post this up here for all of you chocolate lovers (of which I am DEFINITELY one!)
Here’s a fun recipe you can try for breakfast to switch things up a bit!
Mini Chocolate-Chip Breakfast Love Bites
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup applesauce (can sub mashed banana)
- 1/4 cup roasted cashew butter
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/16 tsp salt
- 1-2 tbsp mini chocolate chips or chunks
- 2 1/2 tbsp freeze-dried raspberries (can sub 1 tbsp dried fruit, or more chocolate chips)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mash the applesauce or banana with the nut butter. Add all of the other ingredients and mix until well-combined. Shape into cookies and bake on a greased cookie sheet for 14-16 minutes. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before removing from sheet. Makes 18 mini cookies or 10-12 bigger cookies.
Hope you enjoy it!
For the original recipe and to visit Katie’s Blog, CLICK HERE!